Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Any Cushies on this Diabetes Board who can help?

Cushing's Disease/Syndrome - Diabetes Forums
By GrnMtGirl

...A short time ago, my sister was doing some online research and came across Cushing's Disease/syndrome which is a disease that happens because the body is making too much cortisol. So, I asked my doctor to check my cortisol levels, which turned out to be high and she sent me to an endo (finally). Today, I got an indication that I may indeed have cushing's (more tests required, of course). If this is the case and I am able to be treated properly there is a chance that the diagnosis of diabetes and/or the diabetes itself will go away because the cortisol won't be controlling my other hormones (insulin)....

Diabetes Forums - http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/

No comments: