Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Own Robin

More Golden Llamas

From http://distractible.org/2008/10/01/more-golden-llamas/
October 1, 2008

llamabig

I know everyone is probably anxiously awaiting this announcement (I got a call from Entertainment Tonight wanting to attend the awards ceremony). I want to thank all for the participation in the latest caption contest.

20060830031112

Before I award the contest, however, let me give some other Kudos that are greatly deserved. Since I totally made up this award, I can do with it what I want. This means that simply being on my good side can win you a GLA.

Now you will all start being nice to me (but no suck-ups, please).

So here are my latest awardees:

  • Dr. Val gets a GLA for dong such a great job pinch-hitting. I did have to clean up a lot of little pellets scattered over the blog, but having a guest-host gave me some much needed rest. I may do it again some time. Anyway, since Dr. Val is starting a new blog, I thought there could be no better blog-warming gift than a Golden Llama Award to proudly display in her new digs. Thanks much Dr. Val. I’ll be sending you a cheesecake along with the award.
  • Robin definitely gets a GLA. Not only did she design the logo, but she designed the Zippy logos as well. This she did out of the kindness of her own heart. Not only will I be giving her a GLA of her own, but I will be a guest on her Blog Talk Radio show tomorrow evening (not competing with Dr. A).
  • Finally, I have to recognize Kevin Pho for landing the USA today gig. He is now on their editorial board. I doubt the GLA will make it on to his blog (although I think it would look quite nice there), but I must pay homage where it is due.

So, who won the caption contest? It was again a difficult choice.

Honorable mention goes to Shauna for:

“Mom! Billy’s dressed up like some freako sci fi warlord and is threatening to hit me again! And he ate the last powdered donut!”

An “ouch” to Jaws for:

Despite the pleas of minimally armed children, President Bush - with warrior-like precision - puts an abrupt end to the SCHIP program

But I am a sucker for the absurd, so the winner is ehoffman for:

At the end of the day, Mrs. Smith’s second-grade class agreed: Johnny’s dad had given one of the most unusual Career Day presentations ever.

Congrats to All!!!

No comments: